How To Install Kali NetHunter OS On Any Android Phone
How To Install Kali NetHunter OS On Any Android Phone, Everyone should be familiar with the Kali operating system, which is built in a secure environment. And it is used for most ethical hacking and encryption purposes. Kali is one of the leading Linux distributions, especially for penetration testing. And luckily it is available in the form of a custom ROM for Android phones. The latest Kali 2020 ROM is now available. If you like Kali Linux and have been operating it on your PC, then here is the chance to get it on your phone as well. Here you will learn how to install Kali NetHunter on Android phones.
Imagine all you can do on your phone with Kali OS. Well, not everything you can do on your computer, but most of the features will be available as command terminal/shell and other useful features. You can install it on any Android phone that has root privileges or not. Yes, you can install it on any Android phone. But in both cases, you must have a phone with an unlocked bootloader. Many brands don’t support unlock bootloaders like Vivo, Oppo, or Nokia, which means you can’t install Kali OS on these phones.
Using Kali and its command shell is a lot of fun if you like ethical hacking and now it’s in your pocket and easy to carry around. There are some cool features that we get using shell and the module is hacking WiFi. Yes, you can do it on Kali os, but only for testing and ethical purposes. There are two ways to get Kali OS on your Android phone.
As we mentioned earlier, we can install Kali OS on Android phones with root access or without root access. But it requires an unlocked bootloader and if you have a phone with an unlocked bootloader then this guide is for you. We will share the guide to installing Kali on a rooted phone as it is much easier. And for a non-root device, I will suggest following a youtube video which will be easy. Before following the steps, first, download the ROM from the section below.
In case you want to install Kali Nethunter OS on your phone without root, you can visit this link for step-by-step video tutorials.
Download Kali NetHunter ROM for Android phones
Kali OS is also available as a custom ROM for some devices that you can download from XDA. You can directly flash custom ROM via TWRP recovery, so we will share the different methods. The guide we are going to share requires root access but it is much easier and you can easily understand the steps. If you don’t know how to root your phone, you can search your device model on our site and you will get the rooting guide. Below you will find the links for the files you will need to install Kali Nethunter on your phone.
After downloading the file, you are ready to install the ROM on your device. Below we will mention the list of requirements that you will need for this guide.
Install Kali ROM on Android phones
If you are using this method, I am assuming that you have root access on your phone. And most likely Magisk is installed, but if not then update the Magisk zip and install Magisk Manager.
- Install the Magisk Manager app on your phone if it is not installed.
- Copy the KaliNetHunter zip file and Kalifs-full.tar.xz to your phone storage.
- Now open the Magisk Manager app and follow the steps below.
- Click on three bars at the top left and the Menu will open.
- Go to Modules and then click the ‘+’ icon, locate the KaliNethunter zip file.
- It will start showing the Kali ROM on your phone and then tap on Reboot.
- After reboot, you will see three applications (Netunter, Term-nh, VNC-nh).
- Open the NetHunter app, tap on the three bars on the left side and open Kali Chroot Manager.
- Then tap on Kali chroot > Use SD card > Full Chroot. It will detect the full Kali OS archive (Kalifs-full.tar.xz), it may take some time, so wait for the following screen to appear.
- It will ask you to select meta packages so select kali-Linux, kali-Linux-full, kali-Linux-all, and kali-Linux-nethunter. You can also select other meta-packages if you want and then tap on ‘Install and Update’.
- That’s all, now the KaliHunter is already installed on your phone.
This guide is for users who have root privileges on their phones. There are many advantages to using Kali Nethunter, especially if you are learning ethical hacking for your career from it. Kali Nethunter also has its own built-in app store where you will find many useful apps.
There you have it, the guide on how to install Kali Nethunter on any Android phone. If you have any questions in your mind, let us know in the comment section below and we will help you with the answer.